My favorite links!

Allcoins.pw

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

One investment I am eyeing now is SSS. I am going to start paying contributions as a voluntary member. Compared to paying as a self-employed member, I don't need to declare proof of income as a voluntary SSS contributor. This is because of having a record with them due to paying SSS contributions as an employee of a corporation years ago. I just need to fill up form CON-01181, check the "voluntary member" checkbox, and pay at an SSS office, at an SM Bills Payment Center, or a Bayad Center.

I am supposed to pay around the exact same amount I paid as an employee, which was 1,485 pesos per month with a 13,500 monthly salary credit.

If I pay 1,485 pesos per month for my last 60 contributions before I turn 60, the smallest amount I will get as a pension is 5,400 pesos a month! That's a lot of money for just contributing 1,485 pesos a month! And then that pension will be paid forever as long as I'm alive after age 60. I can also keep paying until age 65 and only claim the pension at age 65 to be able to receive a higher pension.

All I need to do to gain that pension is have 120 contributions total, and these contributions do not need to be done consecutively. I have made around 30 contributions so far as I remember based on previous years of employment..

Of course, there's no guarantee that the SSS will still be around when I'm 60 or 65. I'm only risking my money on this as an investment to gamble my money on the SSS being still around by that point instead of taking no risks and just leaving the money in the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment