My favorite links!

Allcoins.pw

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

I bought some KFC today. According to my personal plans, this is the last fast food I will eat in a very long time. After that, I am going to resume my older routine of eating eggs I cooked myself, drinking milk, and trying to learn how to grill pork and chicken and fish so I can cook meat for myself without depending on others to cook it, while also avoiding frying which adds too much oil. I already learned how to fry basic food, but it is not good to rely only on that method for cooking food.

I've been taught how to cook using a rice cooker, but I don't really want to cook rice for people other than myself. I don't want other people to be unsatisfied with the rice I create. I think it would be wonderful to cook both rice and the main meal all by myself and really do this with real food items which are chicken, pork, fish, and beef.

I've learned how to boil eggs, and it's likely that boiling vegetables follows almost the same procedure, but is probably closer to the process of boiling potatoes which I already know how to do. The process is most likely putting the vegetables in a pot of lukewarm water, cooking the water on medium heat until it boils, and then after it boils, cooking the vegetables and water with low heat for 15 minutes, which is the process for boiling potatoes. I think my main worry is ending up over-boiling the vegetables. I heard that boiling vegetables for too long removes a lot of their vitamins and minerals. Because of that, I am going to cook vegetables only when I really need to and I will eat vegetables raw whenever I can, which is possible for carrots, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, and celery. It's only vegetables like pechay and spinach and kangkong that need the boiling process, but it's pretty unusual to buy those vegetables anyway. Usually the vegetables I get to work with are lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, onions, and potatoes, and I can just boil or fry potatoes while I can just eat the rest raw.I get to work with squash from time to time and I am pretty sure it is also cooked with the above boiling method.

No comments:

Post a Comment